POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Status of Moray? Server Time
2 May 2024 03:45:37 EDT (-0400)
  Status of Moray? (Message 21 to 30 of 466)
From: Zeger Knaepen
Subject: Re: Status of Moray?
Date: 7 Sep 2007 14:15:49
Message: <46e19555$1@news.povray.org>
"Shay" <Sha### [at] cccc> wrote in message news:46e0875d$1@news.povray.org...
> Zeger Knaepen wrote:
>>>
>>> [2] ie "Pass by reference" bug.
>>
>> that's a bug? I thought it was a feature.
>
> Try this code:
>
> #macro Pass_By_Reference ( VARIABLE )
>   #local VARIABLE = 9;
>   #local Something = str(10,0,0);
> #end
>
> #local Counter = 0;
> #while ( Counter < 100000 )
>   #local Var = 12;
>   Pass_By_Reference ( Var )
>   #if ( Var = 9 )
>     // do nothing
>     // worked as intended
>   #else
>     #debug "didn't work this time\n"
>   #end
>     #local Counter = Counter + 1;
> #end

So far no problems (halfway there)
60000 done, no problems
nearly there!
80000, still no problems
and...
we're there !
without any problem, using MegaPOV 1.2.1

Now, the same with the official POV-Ray
ah, yes, with the official POV-Ray, I get a lot of "didn't work this time"'s
wierd! or is it weird..

cu!
--
#macro G(b,e)b+(e-b)*C/50#end#macro _(b,e,k,l)#local C=0;#while(C<50)
sphere{G(b,e)+3*z.1pigment{rgb G(k,l)}finish{ambient 1}}#local C=C+1;

Post a reply to this message