POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Exit when done Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  Exit when done (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Manuel Mata
Subject: Exit when done
Date: 26 Jul 2007 03:00:02
Message: <web.46a8454bcc1f3343d141b3240@news.povray.org>
Hi all.

I'd like to know if i can execute povray from a command line and make it
exit when the image was rendered, just like the sample after install it
(without the alert message).

I mean, I launch Pov from a Java program and i need to know when it finished
to continue the program. I do it in Windows XP with Pov 3.6 and Pov 3.1

The problem is that when Pov finish the render it still is active, the main
window, and the Java program does not continue.

I search the docs for any command line option but didnt find anything. Does
anybody know how to do it ?. Or in other way, if i could know when the
image is rendered i could kill the pov process, but i dont know how to do
it.

Any help?. Thx anyway and excuse my english.

                    Manuel Mata
                    http://www.mmata.org

Post a reply to this message

"Manuel Mata" <man### [at] yahooes> schreef in bericht
> Hi all.
>
> I'd like to know if i can execute povray from a command line and make it
> exit when the image was rendered, just like the sample after install it
> (without the alert message).
>
> I mean, I launch Pov from a Java program and i need to know when it
> finished
> to continue the program. I do it in Windows XP with Pov 3.6 and Pov 3.1
>
> The problem is that when Pov finish the render it still is active, the
> main
> window, and the Java program does not continue.
>
> I search the docs for any command line option but didnt find anything.
> Does
> anybody know how to do it ?. Or in other way, if i could know when the
> image is rendered i could kill the pov process, but i dont know how to do
> it.

I don't know about a command line option for this, but in the 'Render'
window you can go to 'On Completion' and check 'Exit POV-Ray for Windows'.
Would this help?

Thomas

Post a reply to this message