POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : images and animations of crystal minerals Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:26:20 EDT (-0400)
  images and animations of crystal minerals (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Leef me
Subject: images and animations of crystal minerals
Date: 26 Jul 2007 03:30:02
Message: <web.46a84c705fa25c98892adb1d0@news.povray.org>
I am fascinated by crystal minerals such as quartz, pyrite or the inside of
geodes. I have searched both povray and the www for information about
rendering examples as images or even animations. I have not found anything.

My knowledge is very limited in this area. I have found references to
crystaline structures of molecules, but that is not what I am looking for.

Here are some photograp examples, any suggestions on how to emplement
something like this in POVRAY?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Pyrite_foolsgold.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Amethyst.bed.750pix.jpg

Thanks,
Leef_me

Post a reply to this message

>I am fascinated by crystal minerals such as quartz, pyrite or the inside of
> geodes. I have searched both povray and the www for information about
> rendering examples as images or even animations. I have not found
> anything.
>
> My knowledge is very limited in this area. I have found references to
> crystaline structures of molecules, but that is not what I am looking for.

You will need to know something about crystallography in order to build
minerals. This site may be a good starting point:
http://webmineral.com/crystall.shtml

Thomas

Post a reply to this message