POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Two feature requests related to SVG Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Two feature requests related to SVG (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: SharkD
Subject: Two feature requests related to SVG
Date: 14 Jun 2007 22:40:02
Message: <web.4671fba4f42fd85515e9baef0@news.povray.org>
Two separate feature requests:

1) Support SVG as an import file format.

2) Copy SVG's text formatting capabilities, namely text centering and
aligning text to paths.

SVG is a standard image format and, since it is a vector format, shares many
similarities with POV-Ray. I would like to see POV-Ray adapt some of the
format's capabilities, as well as support the format via import.

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

> 1) Support SVG as an import file format.
>
> 2) Copy SVG's text formatting capabilities, namely text centering and
> aligning text to paths.
>
> SVG is a standard image format and, since it is a vector format, shares many
> similarities with POV-Ray. I would like to see POV-Ray adapt some of the
> format's capabilities, as well as support the format via import.
>
> -Mike

If this were implemented, it would be nice if the user were able to call
on individual layers of the image.

SVG is an open-source format, isn't it? Being so, it would make a nice
addition to POV if it could be implemented without bloating the program.

~Sam

Post a reply to this message