POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Two feature requests related to SVG : Re: Two feature requests related to SVG Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:24:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Two feature requests related to SVG
From: Warp
Date: 15 Jun 2007 07:06:30
Message: <467272b5@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell <bil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Well, it'd certainly be nice to be able to use SVGs as image_maps - no
> interpolation required! I know you can almost do this already with object
> patterns but it's a bit fiddly. Would it also cut down on memory usage if
> you had many simple image_maps?

  How would you determine that a given point is, for example, on a
polyline or inside a polygon?

  The thing with vector graphics is that they are easy to draw as a whole:
Just draw a line for each line in the input, fill polygons for filled
polygons, and so on. However, if you have to determine for a random point
what is its color, it becomes a bit more complicated.

--
                                                          - Warp