POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Large distance solution? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:33:03 EDT (-0400)
  Large distance solution? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Nekar
Subject: Large distance solution?
Date: 9 Mar 2007 04:10:05
Message: <45f1246d@news.povray.org>
I've been thinking about FexFX's post because I've had the same problem
before. Maybe this is the solution:

I vaguely rember something about someone posting a camera texture where you
can use a seprate camera as a texture in the same scene in one render. This
would be ideal for use with this kind of scene.

You have your planet at a very large scale. Inside the planet you have the
solar system and a camera that is scaled and syncronized with the main
camera. This camera's texture is then mapped to the sky-sphere.

In the main planet's moon you have a model of your galaxy with another
scaled syncronized camera that gets mapped to a sphere that fit's aound the
solar system model.

Could this work?

--
-Nekar Xenos