POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announcement: Moray acquired by POV-Ray; to be released as Open Source Server Time
17 May 2024 06:42:48 EDT (-0400)
  Announcement: Moray acquired by POV-Ray; to be released as Open Source (Message 21 to 30 of 58)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Announcement: Moray acquired by POV-Ray; to be released as Open Source
Date: 2 Feb 2007 07:55:01
Message: <web.45c334164a1d3fd8f1cb1e660@news.povray.org>
"Marc" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:

> le message de news: 45c31221@news.povray.org...
> > Actually this is happening now - see the long threads on pov-ray includes.
> > The site will be flexible enough to accommodate moray models.
> >
> > -- Chris
>
> pov-ray includes? is that a group that I am not aware of?
> can't find anything like it in the group list :-(
>
> Marc

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3C456b29c7$1@news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=237611&toff=50

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Marc
Date: 2 Feb 2007 08:13:34
Message: <45c338fe$1@news.povray.org>

web.45c334164a1d3fd8f1cb1e660@news.povray.org...

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3C456b29c7$1@news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=237611&toff=50

> Stephen

Thank you :-)

Marc (Flushes ashamed and feels dumb)

Post a reply to this message

From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 5 Feb 2007 15:30:15
Message: <MPG.203141c1449027c9989fdc@news.povray.org>
In article <45c1c908$1@news.povray.org>, deletethis-newsadmin2
@deletethistoo.povray.org says...
> [Followups set to povray.general]

> ---------------
>
> The following is a joint announcement from Persistence of Vision Raytrace
> Pty. Ltd. ('POV'), Lutz Kretzschmar (Lutz) and Markus Lutz (Markus).
>
> Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd. is pleased to advise that it ha
> acquired the rights to the 3d modeller 'Moray' from Lutz and Markus.

Wow...!!

Does this mean it might finally include, at minimum, a setting to make
the handedness work the same between them? lol But seriously, this is
unbelievable news.

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()
  else
    call crash_windows();
}

From: Paolo Gibellini
Date: 7 Feb 2007 07:16:01
Message: <45c9c301$1@news.povray.org>
Wow!
Moray was my first approach to 3d - and to POV-Ray.
In spite of the little time I'v used it, I can declare that it is a very
nice application.
Many thanks to Lutz and Markus for the work (and the fish, of course).
;-)
Paolo

> "Chris Cason" wrote:
> [Followups set to povray.general]

> ---------------
>
> The following is a joint announcement from Persistence of Vision Raytracer
> Pty. Ltd. ('POV'), Lutz Kretzschmar (Lutz) and Markus Lutz (Markus).
>
> Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd. is pleased to advise that it has
> acquired the rights to the 3d modeller 'Moray' from Lutz and Markus. Moray
is
> a Windows program specifically designed to create 3d models and scenes to
be
> used with the POV-Ray raytracer, and was originally sold as trialware.
[...]

Post a reply to this message