POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announcement: Moray acquired by POV-Ray; to be released as Open Source : Re: Announcement: Moray acquired by POV-Ray; to be released as OpenSource Server Time
14 Jun 2024 20:57:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announcement: Moray acquired by POV-Ray; to be released as OpenSource
From: Warp
Date: 13 Feb 2007 07:04:03
Message: <45d1a933@news.povray.org>
Kyle <hob### [at] gatenet> wrote:
> I have studied the 3.6 code quite a bit and, from what I've read,  it
> seems that the 3.7 code is an extensive rewrite towards better management
> and extensibility.

  That's indeed true. While 3.7 is not a complete rewrite from scratch,
it's still a vast improvement on the 3.6 code. The latter uses tons and
tons of ugly hacks such as global variables and other solutions which are
thread-unsafe, most of which are needlessly so.

  Making code thread-safe automatically makes code better because
thread-safeness forces a higher degree of modularity. :)

--
                                                          - Warp