POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announcement: Moray acquired by POV-Ray; to be released as Open Source Server Time
2 May 2024 15:56:13 EDT (-0400)
  Announcement: Moray acquired by POV-Ray; to be released as Open Source (Message 11 to 20 of 58)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Re: Announcement: Moray acquired by POV-Ray; to be released as Open Source
Date: 1 Feb 2007 16:04:14
Message: <45c255ce$1@news.povray.org>
woot!

--
Tim Cook
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-empyrean

Post a reply to this message

From: virtualmeet
Date: 1 Feb 2007 20:00:01
Message: <web.45c28bee4a1d3fd8b0d4521f0@news.povray.org>
Waw...such happy news are only few in humain life :)
Taha

Post a reply to this message

From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 2 Feb 2007 00:34:37
Message: <f5j5s25ltu980ohabg5dgvlobp1rum4mca@4ax.com>
Hi Stephen, you recently wrote in povray.general:

> I too am pleased that Moray will continue to live and be developed. I join
> Marc in thanking Lutz and Markus for their work. Moray has allowed me to
> use Pov-Ray despite being challenged in the code-writing department.
Thank you all for your kind words. As I wrote on our website, we are
very happy that development will (hopefully) pick up and continue.

> Selfishly I wonder if there will still be a repository for Moray modals and
> textures?
While we haven't talked about the website with the POV-Team, I won't
be able to administer the current repository. Besides, I haven't
received a single submission in the last three years.... maybe moving
it to povray.org will reinvigorate it and I'm sure someone with good
web/database skills can create a good interface.

> PS The fish were our pleasure :-)
:-)

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 2 Feb 2007 00:35:58
Message: <cbj5s2l7sfctvnapdocof1ceo8fbfptbme@4ax.com>
Hi Marc, you recently wrote in povray.general:

> It must be somewhat heartbreaking to let go a child but let's hope he wil
> grow healthy :-)
Yes, it is with a crying and a laughing eye (sorry, bad literal
translation of a german saying) that we did this. It is hard to let
our "baby" go, but we do hope that it'll grow up faster.....

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 2 Feb 2007 03:33:51
Message: <45c2f76f$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> schreef in bericht

> Do you want to start a tribute?

Our earlier tribute just stopped along the way...:-(

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 2 Feb 2007 04:05:00
Message: <web.45c2fe534a1d3fd8f1cb1e660@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> "Stephen" <mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> schreef in bericht
> >>
> > Do you want to start a tribute?
> >

> Our earlier tribute just stopped along the way...:-(
>
> Thomas

hungry. Why not let Marc do the basic fishbowl scene and anyone who wants
to, can add a signature?

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Arne Kleinophorst
Date: 2 Feb 2007 04:11:38
Message: <45c3004a$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen schrieb:
> "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
>> "Stephen" <mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> schreef in bericht
>>> Do you want to start a tribute?
>>>
>> Our earlier tribute just stopped along the way...:-(
>>
>> Thomas
>

> hungry. Why not let Marc do the basic fishbowl scene and anyone who wants
> to, can add a signature?

> Stephen

  Sounds like a good Idea to me, but maybe Povray.general is not the
right group for it?

Greets,
Arne

p.S. Thanks, Lutz, for letting your baby go. I have a registered version
of Moray since 1993 and even though i almost solely used it for hobby
reasons I've never felt the money wasted.

I hope to see a bright future for moray and hope you are still in the
boat with it.

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Cason
Date: 2 Feb 2007 05:27:45
Message: <45c31221@news.povray.org>
Lutz Kretzschmar wrote:
> While we haven't talked about the website with the POV-Team, I won't
> be able to administer the current repository. Besides, I haven't
> received a single submission in the last three years.... maybe moving
> it to povray.org will reinvigorate it and I'm sure someone with good
> web/database skills can create a good interface.

Actually this is happening now - see the long threads on pov-ray includes.
The site will be flexible enough to accommodate moray models.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

From: Steve Shelby
Date: 2 Feb 2007 06:40:06
Message: <45c32316@news.povray.org>
> Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd. is pleased to advise that it has
> acquired the rights to the 3d modeller 'Moray' from Lutz and Markus......

Wow, that's great news. I'm really happy that Moray will not only survive
but will undoubtably prosper and improve. Thanks Lutz and Markus for all the
years you gave.

Steve Shelby
http://www.shelbyvision.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Marc
Date: 2 Feb 2007 07:04:15
Message: <45c328bf$1@news.povray.org>

le message de news: 45c31221@news.povray.org...
> Actually this is happening now - see the long threads on pov-ray includes.
> The site will be flexible enough to accommodate moray models.
>
> -- Chris

pov-ray includes? is that a group that I am not aware of?
can't find anything like it in the group list :-(

Marc