POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : glass on black Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:22:47 EDT (-0400)
  glass on black (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: dave vanhorn
Subject: glass on black
Date: 11 Dec 2006 14:51:06
Message: <457db6aa$1@news.povray.org>
Ok, on to my next issue..

I have my shapes now, in glass, and I'm looking to have them on a completely
black background.  Of course they barely show up.

I remember dimly a trick to give them more reflectance, like in the real
world where they are always surrounded by things to reflect.. But I don't
remember what it was.

Object values:

finish  { ior 2.4
    specular 0.7
    phong 0.95
  phong_size 80
  roughness 0.015
 ambient 0
  diffuse 0
 reflection { 0.2, 1.0, fresnel on}
 conserve_energy
 }

Interior { ior 2.4
                caustics 0.1
                dispersion 1.05
                dispersion_samples 7
                fade_distance 1.0
              fade_power 2
              fade_color <0,0,0>
             }

The colors have a 0.99 filter value at the moment.

Post a reply to this message