POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray 3.7 featured at IDF 2006 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:23:43 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray 3.7 featured at IDF 2006 (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Nicolas Calimet
Subject: POV-Ray 3.7 featured at IDF 2006
Date: 30 Sep 2006 22:54:08
Message: <451f2dd0@news.povray.org>
At its IDF show last week, Intel offered the chance to perform the first
benchmarks on their upcoming quad-core processor (that is based on the Core 2
architecture).  Among the softwares tested was POV 3.7 beta 15:

http://www.hardware.info/en-US/news/ym2cmpqawpia/IDF_First_quadcore_benchmarks/
(the POV numbers are pixels per second)

	POV benefits a 81% speed boost going from 2 to 4 cores (note the clock speed
on the quad-core is also 90% that of the dual-core).
	Not bad...  I want one  :-P

	- NC

Post a reply to this message