POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : blurred reflections, radiosity fade power, add filter Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  blurred reflections, radiosity fade power, add filter (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Raf256
Subject: blurred reflections, radiosity fade power, add filter
Date: 28 May 2006 21:49:08
Message: <447a5314@news.povray.org>
Hello,
after ~year of beeing too bussy to use [seriously] PovRAY,
I have few questions now when I try to go back to using it :)

1) blurred reflection - I see it is suggested (in FAQ) to use several normal
patterns (or textures) and strong antialias.
How about using the old method - because I think it might benefit in speed,
by using adaptive number of samples (same as in camera focal blur). The AA
of entire image is not as good probably

2) radiosity and light fading - natural light behaves like with fade_power 2
right? What about the radiosity? It is calculate in such way that in
example wall lighted directly by a light source will light other objects
correctyl (acting a bit like light source with fade_power 2)?

3) It seem to be a problem to create a cololor that "only add" to backround.
In example it would be easy to create in OpenGL an sphere that will
be "adding white" - objects behind it will be lighten up by rgb 0.5 for
example. Using filter/transmit I seem to be able to MIX the colors, like
final_color = (background*X + sphere*(1-X))/2
so with proper filter the background color can be set to color of sphere,
but how to add color of sphere to background?
Media seem to be able to do that, but this is 3d, no way of doing it
(faslty) for 2d?