POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Any tool to transform objects to meshes Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Any tool to transform objects to meshes (Message 21 to 24 of 24)
From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: Re: Any tool to transform objects to meshes
Date: 21 May 2006 12:57:30
Message: <44709bfa@news.povray.org>
Hmmm, how would that be done? I have not yet ever used such as an
object_pattern  texture_map.

About the scene:
- most of the cylinders are randomly placed,
- all cylinders have different sizes,
- all cylinders have a texture of map_type 2 (cylinder-type texture).

Marc, can you write more information about such object_pattern
texture_maps?

Greetings, thanks,

Sven

"M_a_r_c" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Because they are CSG? waaa I understand.... you could speed up your render
> by 100 at least.
> why not to declare a union of theses bays  and use them for an
> object_pattern  texture_map ?

Post a reply to this message