POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : float/double precision Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:22:11 EDT (-0400)
  float/double precision (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: dragonmage
Subject: float/double precision
Date: 25 Jan 2006 00:35:01
Message: <web.43d70dd51ae590815820684d0@news.povray.org>
Does POVRay use double precision numbers anywhere in its fields or calcs?

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: float/double precision
Date: 25 Jan 2006 06:26:29
Message: <43d76065@news.povray.org>
dragonmage <dra### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Does POVRay use double precision numbers anywhere in its fields or calcs?

  I wonder why you think that 'double' wouldn't be the default type used
by POV-Ray for its calculations.

  AFAIK the only places POV-Ray uses 'float' is in color handling (ie.
the colors of the final image, which end up as pixels in the final image
file) and mesh coordinates.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message