POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Casting a shadow without an object Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:28:19 EDT (-0400)
  Casting a shadow without an object (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: John D  Gwinner
Subject: Casting a shadow without an object
Date: 19 Jul 2005 13:26:27
Message: <42dd37c3$1@news.povray.org>
I want to do a strange effect with a normal looking person casing a demon
shadow on the walls as she walks past.

I was thinking one way to do this might be to have a series of dark
(negative) lights projecting 'through' the object (wings), without the
object (wings) being rendered.

Any other ideas?

           == John ==

Post a reply to this message

> I want to do a strange effect with a normal looking person casing a demon
> shadow on the walls as she walks past.
>
> I was thinking one way to do this might be to have a series of dark
> (negative) lights projecting 'through' the object (wings), without the
> object (wings) being rendered.
>
> Any other ideas?

Use no_image and no_reflection on the shadow-casting object. Wouldn't that
suffice?

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>