POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Data's head Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:29:28 EDT (-0400)
  Data's head (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Raf256
Subject: Data's head
Date: 24 Apr 2005 13:33:47
Message: <426bd87b@news.povray.org>
Remember Lt Cmdr Data from Star Trek TNG? I would like to model an skull (I
mean the part under skin / brain) that looks simmilar.

Or, something like a sphere shape with grid lines on it. How can I do it?

Most obvious approach would be to create an sphere and UV map it with gird
and/or cells based texture. I oculd do same with some blob to have better
shape.

But what if I want to uv-map real objects, not just texture?

Like, if tehs "skin", surface, of the sphere would be taken off and placed
on a plane, than I would use cylinders to make grid, some small spheres and
other shapes to generate other objects. And then somehow I want to take
this skin and wrapp around sphere (or better - simple blob based object).

I also thought about shotting rays / tracing the sphere and doing UV
wrapping manually.

Any ideas?