POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Major system update - any clues about AMD Sempron vs. Athlon/Duron? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:19:22 EDT (-0400)
  Major system update - any clues about AMD Sempron vs. Athlon/Duron? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Yadgar
Subject: Major system update - any clues about AMD Sempron vs. Athlon/Duron?
Date: 13 Dec 2004 15:42:39
Message: <41bdfebf$1@news.povray.org>
High!

Time to kick out my antediluvian ramshackle rattletrap, that AMD
K6-2/400... and as I'm not exactly rolling in money, I decided to build
up a new system from components bought separately, keeping some parts
such as the DVD writer, harddisk or disk drives.

Now I'm about to settle for an AMD Sempron 2200+... but I wonder whether
there are any POV benchmarks for Sempron CPUs to evaluate its speed
compared to Athlons and Durons!

Does anyone around have information on Sempron floating point performance?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message

> Time to kick out my antediluvian ramshackle rattletrap, that AMD
> K6-2/400... and as I'm not exactly rolling in money, I decided to build
> up a new system from components bought separately, keeping some parts
> such as the DVD writer, harddisk or disk drives.
>
> Now I'm about to settle for an AMD Sempron 2200+... but I wonder whether
> there are any POV benchmarks for Sempron CPUs to evaluate its speed
> compared to Athlons and Durons!
>
> Does anyone around have information on Sempron floating point performance?
>
> See you in Khyberspace!
>
> Yadgar

Here's a little something on it.  Take it with a grain of salt and do
more homework.  FWIW, I'm going to build a new system this year and i'll
be going with the Athlon64.  Hopefully, the 3400, dependig on budgetary
constraints (maybe the 2800 if I know my budget).

-->Jeff

--
jgentry46 [at] yahoo dot com

Post a reply to this message

> Now I'm about to settle for an AMD Sempron 2200+... but I wonder whether
> there are any POV benchmarks for Sempron CPUs to evaluate its speed
> compared to Athlons and Durons!

Not really, only these which suggest Sepron is a good choice FPU does
get a mention though:
http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20040728/sempron-01.html

http://tech-report.com/reviews/2004q3/athlon64-3500/index.x?pg=10