POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Major system update - any clues about AMD Sempron vs. Athlon/Duron? : Major system update - any clues about AMD Sempron vs. Athlon/Duron? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:10:43 EDT (-0400)
  Major system update - any clues about AMD Sempron vs. Athlon/Duron?
From: Yadgar
Date: 13 Dec 2004 15:42:39
Message: <41bdfebf$1@news.povray.org>
High!

Time to kick out my antediluvian ramshackle rattletrap, that AMD
K6-2/400... and as I'm not exactly rolling in money, I decided to build
up a new system from components bought separately, keeping some parts
such as the DVD writer, harddisk or disk drives.

Now I'm about to settle for an AMD Sempron 2200+... but I wonder whether
there are any POV benchmarks for Sempron CPUs to evaluate its speed
compared to Athlons and Durons!

Does anyone around have information on Sempron floating point performance?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar