POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A characters- in- the- same- scene project. Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:27:12 EDT (-0400)
  A characters- in- the- same- scene project. (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: A characters- in- the- same- scene project.
Date: 11 Oct 2004 21:20:08
Message: <416b3148$1@news.povray.org>
I helped get this project off the ground.
http://www.zazzle.com/products/product/product.asp?product%5Fid=235499915413680211

It would be cool to do another one where instead of separate "strips" of
separate scenes,  we have a bunch of Povray Characters [1] all doing
something together in the same scene.   It could be a basketball game,
"computing" at a university software lab,  marching in formation, disco
dancing, interacting in scifi space port bar scene, on construction scene,
etc.

Here's how it would go:
i) volunteers volunteer to partcipate and say what their character is (adult
human, child, robot, a giant spaceship ?, etc.)
ii) Some artistic person dreams up a scene appropriate for all the
characters.  The artistic person then shares the SDL for the background
scene and gives instructions (like: "Your character must be sitting in that
chair in third row, second column.")
iii) The participants then make appropriate scaling and positioning of
character to fit scene. They render their character with the provided SDL
"somehow".  (Maybe the instruction is against white background,  or with
actual background "masked out" if the participant is sufficiently skilled to
pull that off).
iv) The artistic person then pastes the umpteen characters together in one
honking big (5280 x/3840?) image.
v) We could give right of first refusal to Chris Cason to sell on his zazzle
account, and if he refuses, maybe make it public domain so we could all put
it on our own zazzle accounts.

[1] Povray Characters.  Things that can act and move and/or show emotion,
"animatable" within povray but certainly not necessarily modelled in povray.
Poser is not excluded, albeit yours may look like others.  Full figures
required, not just heads or busts.

Post a reply to this message