POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Object Shadows Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:11:17 EDT (-0400)
  Object Shadows (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Josh
Subject: Object Shadows
Date: 1 Sep 2004 07:30:43
Message: <4135b2e3@news.povray.org>
Simple Question, I hope.

Multiple objects and multiple light sources.

Can I remove the shadow from one of the "light source-object" combos?

Not sure if thats clear.  I want one light source to not cast shadows with
one of the objects, but to cast shadows with all of the other objects, and
all of the other light sources to cast shadows with that object.

Help appreciated.

Post a reply to this message

I think you need light_groups for this, but I have no experience with them.

JWV

"Josh" <som### [at] microsoftcom> wrote in message
> Simple Question, I hope.
>
> Multiple objects and multiple light sources.
>
> Can I remove the shadow from one of the "light source-object" combos?
>
> Not sure if thats clear.  I want one light source to not cast shadows with
> one of the objects, but to cast shadows with all of the other objects, and
> all of the other light sources to cast shadows with that object.
>
> Help appreciated.

Post a reply to this message