POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hyperthreading benchmark Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:27:03 EDT (-0400)
  Hyperthreading benchmark (Message 9 to 18 of 18)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Hyperthreading benchmark
Date: 23 Jul 2004 08:49:23
Message: <41010953@news.povray.org>
Ger <ger### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> That would be?

  You are basically saying that rendering two benchmarks using two
threads should be faster than rendering one benchmark using one thread.

  This is, of course, just flawed thinking. There's no way of getting
two benchmarks rendered faster even when using two distinct processors
than one benchmark in one processor.

  What he is saying is that rendering two benchmars at the same time
gets rendered 25% faster than rendering first one benchmark and then
the other. The end result of both test is identical, but the first
test produced it 25% faster.