POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3.6 message window corruption Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  3.6 message window corruption (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Alf Peake
Subject: 3.6 message window corruption
Date: 7 Jul 2004 09:32:12
Message: <40ebfb5c@news.povray.org>
Hi

Just installed 3.6 for windows. Any one else got this problem?

On starting POV-Ray 3.6 with the message window in view, the splash
window (which seems very quick) corrupts the message window. See a
1280*1024 69k jpeg screen shot here -
http://www.peake42.freeserve.co.uk/pix2/3v6start.jpg
Switching to a file tab then back again corrects the window, which
will now have "Messages cleared" as the first line.

options -> other settings -> preserve messages

Selecting this option, there is no problem.
De-selecting above, I get the corrupted startup window, and then a
"Messages deleted" at the top after the firtst render. This setting
doesn't clear messages before each render. The messages accumulate.

The problem is not cleared by uninstalling and re-installing 3.6.

POV-Ray 3.5 installed 1 year ago, has no problems so far.

Version 3.6.0.icl8.win32.
P4 2.8 gig, 512 MB ram, WinXP home.

Alf

Post a reply to this message

"Alf Peake" <alf### [at] peake42freeservecouk> wrote in message

> "Messages deleted" at the top after the firtst render. This setting

Oops - would you believe "Messages cleared"? :/

Post a reply to this message