POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug in v3.6 when rendering with Moray? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:20:12 EDT (-0400)
  Bug in v3.6 when rendering with Moray? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Bug in v3.6 when rendering with Moray?
Date: 25 Jun 2004 02:58:21
Message: <40dbcd0d$1@news.povray.org>
Maybe a bug? (confirmed by other Moray  users as well)

Using Moray v.3.5, and starting, then cancelling a render to POV-Ray 3.6:
- rendering does not stop
- a message in Moray says that "Povray did not stop rendering. etc"
- the Povray message window however says: "rendering stopped by GUI
extension"
- after completing the total render, message window says "Render cancelled
by user"

This did not happen when rendering to POV-Ray 3.5, so I suppose it has to do
with changes in v.3.6?

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> Maybe a bug? (confirmed by other Moray  users as well)
>
> Using Moray v.3.5, and starting, then cancelling a render to POV-Ray 3.6:
> - rendering does not stop
> - a message in Moray says that "Povray did not stop rendering. etc"
> - the Povray message window however says: "rendering stopped by GUI
> extension"
> - after completing the total render, message window says "Render cancelled
> by user"
>
> This did not happen when rendering to POV-Ray 3.5, so I suppose it has to do
> with changes in v.3.6?
>
> Thomas

someone will no doubt suggest that moray requires an update similar to
that required by povmode-2.10

i ain't laughing, istr suggesting that whatever is being looked for by
the external program in the output from povray or in its completion
code(wrong words success or fail code [0|-1] ) has changed

stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 25 Jun 2004 08:13:20
Message: <40dc16e0@news.povray.org>
"stephen parkinson" <ste### [at] zmemw16demoncouk> schreef in bericht

> someone will no doubt suggest that moray requires an update similar to
> that required by povmode-2.10

Oh yes! I am sure that's right. Nevertheless, I think it is important to
mention this (as I did also on the Moray n.g.) because it is not always easy
to know if it is a change or an unlooked for effect from another change, in
which case I suppose the update should come from Povray. Anyway, this is for
the experts to decide.

Thomas