POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Questionable Content on the Newsgroups Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:15:54 EDT (-0400)
  Questionable Content on the Newsgroups (Message 49 to 58 of 88)
From: IMBJR
Subject: Re: Questionable Content on the Newsgroups
Date: 5 Apr 2004 16:33:29
Message: <fsg3701ar2qji7r4r9o0otu3d87j72i45m@4ax.com>
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 12:24:32 +0100, "Tim Nikias v2.0" <#macro
tim.nikias (@) #local = "nolights.de" #end> wrote:

>> Am I the only one (besides Greg, Tyler, Bob, and Patrick) who feels this
>> way? Please speak up, or else nothing will be done about it. I hope to
>> enjoy these newsgroups again someday.
>
>I too don't like the current spin of images in p.b.i. It is difficult to
>propose where to draw a line between erotic, obscenity and pornography
>though. What might be considered erotic is perhaps obscene to the next.
>
>IMHO, nude images aren't a problem, but once there's a real sexual explicit
>content, I tend to think that the image isn't appropriate for the
>newsgroups, depending on the degree of content. That aside, most of us do
>have a personal website, so why not use your own gallery for such images?
>Those interested may visit the gallery, the others just stay away.
>
>At the moment, I'm pondering whether I should activate a killfile. IMBJR
>does have some common sense, but to me, he's too much for confrontation, and
>is difficult to discuss with. Also, the magnitude of rather simple scenes
>(speaking in terms of complexity for script etc) seems to flood the
>newsgroups lately, and though some are of artistic merit, I can't see many
>with technical merit. Since he's not after comments at all, I don't get
>really why he's posting here, cause there's not much for a POVer to learn
>from.

Pity you think of this "community" as merely a technocrat's palace.
Even I admit to finding it more than that.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with "simple" or technically simple.

My First Subgenius Picture Book:
http://www.imbjr.com

Post a reply to this message