POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : --- Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:14:58 EDT (-0400)
  --- (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Zeger Knaepen
Subject: Re: Kinda newbie texture combination question
Date: 12 Mar 2004 22:59:42
Message: <4052872e@news.povray.org>
"Darren New" <dne### [at] sanrrcom> schreef in bericht
> Is it possible to set up bricks with each brick being a slightly
> different color?

sure

see povray.text.scene-files :)

cu!
--
ZK AKA Gaeriel
http://www.povplace.be.tf

Post a reply to this message

From: Samuel T  Benge
Date: 13 Mar 2004 01:19:03
Message: <4052A7B1.4020101@hotmail.com>
Hi Darren. There can be many different ways to do one single thing in
POV. You might want to look for these items in the POV-Ray documentation:

warp: repeat, offset
crackle: solid
pigment_map

Also, here's one way to do it using the brick pattern. Good luck.

plane{y,0
  pigment{
   pigment_pattern{brick}
   pigment_map{
    [.5 bumps]
    [.5 crackle]
   }
  }
}

Darren New wrote:

> Is it possible to set up bricks with each brick being a slightly
> different color?
<snip>

> Obviously, I haven't been doing this long enough to understand the
> proper approach. I'm willing to work at it, but an idea of the proper
> approach to take would be appriciated. Thanks!

Post a reply to this message