POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : --- : Re: Kinda newbie texture combination question Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:17:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kinda newbie texture combination question
From: Ian Shumsky
Date: 13 Mar 2004 05:59:49
Message: <4052e9a5$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

news:40525b34@news.povray.org...
> What I'm really trying for is something like a mortared
stone wall with
> slightly different stones in it, but I'll settle for the
above (and then
> maybe add turbulence or something).

There us an excellent tutorial on creating realistic brick
patterns by Jeff Lee at
http://www.shipbrook.com/jeff/raytrace/bricks.html

If you want something different, you can always build the
brinks individually. Gilles Tran ahs a couple of macros at
http://www.oyonale.com/ressources/english/sources02.htm that
could be useful.

Cheers,
Ian