POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Thinking about J2K... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Thinking about J2K... (Message 31 to 40 of 45)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 5 Messages >>>
From: laurent artaud[AT]free fr
Subject: Re: Thinking about J2K...
Date: 10 Mar 2004 12:25:25
Message: <404f4f85$1@news.povray.org>

> One thing that I do notice is that if I turn my amp up to full while
> connected to my 2496 soundcard I hear no hiss or noise at all.  Switch it to
> my SoundBlaster Live and wham! there is so much hiss, even when all outputs
> are muted in windows ;-)

By the way, which 2496 sound card do you have?

Regards,

--
Laurent ARTAUD (lau### [at] freefr)

Post a reply to this message

From: ingo
Date: 10 Mar 2004 12:44:35
Message: <Xns94A8BEA9B303Fseed7@news.povray.org>
in news:404e3ba9$1@news.povray.org Severi Salminen wrote:

> I don't think there are many printers (or
> video cards) that accept 48bit data - does anyone know?

Maybe giclee fine art color printers in the $20,000+ range, but I doubt
it.

A way to improve digital B&W printing is to print in duo-tone or even tri-
tone. There are third party adaption kits for Epson printers to do this.

For slide printers, probably only the high-end Kodak LVT printers support
48 bit. It uses a laser as source. Other film recorders, like the polaroid
palette, use a CRT as source and thus have a more limited contrast and
tonal range.

Ingo

Post a reply to this message