POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Story of the POV-Ray Logo Server Time
3 Aug 2024 14:15:54 EDT (-0400)
  The Story of the POV-Ray Logo (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: Rune
Subject: The Story of the POV-Ray Logo
Date: 28 Feb 2004 04:18:39
Message: <40405cef$1@news.povray.org>
As can be seen in povray.news-submissions, I have made a section of my
website dedicated to telling the story of the POV-Ray Logo.
http://runevision.com/misc/povraylogo/

When making the page I was considering making one more sub-page
dedicated to showing various people's interpretations of the logo (i.e.
splash-screens, wallpapers, posters etc. where the POV-Ray logo have a
prominent place). However, I realized that I knew of practically none
such images (besides the splash screen of POV-Ray 3.5).

I now welcome people here in the community to make such images that are
tributes to the POV-Ray Logo. Images of the POV-Ray Logo in all its
possible forms. Inspiration to how a simple logo can be made fancy can
be found here:
http://runevision.com/misc/povraylogo/logodisplay/

If enough such images are made, I'd be happy to make a page for them
where they are showcased, complete with optional descriptions and links
back to the artists' own websites. (I reserve right to not including
images for whatever reasons.)

For information, POV-Ray 3.5 comes with an include file "logo.inc" which
contains several versions of the POV-Ray Logo shape, which can be used
as a starting point.

Anybody interested? I hope to be seeing images soon in
povray.binaries.images :)

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com **updated Jan 29**