POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Another Colefax Hair-mesh question Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:24:25 EDT (-0400)
  Another Colefax Hair-mesh question (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Steve Shelby
Subject: Another Colefax Hair-mesh question
Date: 7 Feb 2004 08:01:37
Message: <4024e1b1@news.povray.org>
I just recently discovered the PCM Hair macro and downloaded it and tried it
out some. I read the recent thread above, about the hair macro and Povray
3.5. I downloaded the WinMeshcomp beta and tried it out on some existing
mesh2's created in moray. It makes a .pcm file that looks valid, but when I
substitute myfile.pcm for torus.pcm in the example from the tutorial, Povray
renders the background and nothing else. On the message pane it says:

File: PCM.MCR: Line: 47
Warning: PCM.MCR: The mesh file you specified is not in the correct format!

Looking at myfile.pcm, at the top it says "PCM4", and looking at line 47 of
PCM.MCR, it lists PCM1, 2, and 3, but no PCM4. Why is WinMeshcomp creating a
file that is incompatible with PCM.MCR?
Has anyone out there been able to successfully use PCMhair on a mesh2
object? Is there a trick to this that I'm missing? Please advise.

Steve Shelby

Post a reply to this message