POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Another Colefax Hair-mesh question : !!Re: Another Colefax Hair-mesh question Server Time
3 Aug 2024 14:12:33 EDT (-0400)
  !!Re: Another Colefax Hair-mesh question
From: Steve Shelby
Date: 7 Feb 2004 22:35:12
Message: <4025ae70$1@news.povray.org>
I went to the newsgroup archives on the web and found the thread begun by
Warp, announcing the "Beta test version of the new mesh compressor program",
and found that Chris Colefax had not yet updated pcm.mcr to recognize a
pcm4, which was kind of what I suspected. I discovered a work-around,
though. The mesh I'm using is a .pov file created in Moray. I opened the
original in Moray and un-checked "export as mesh" and then rendered it, in
order to overwrite the .pov file. Then when I converted the new .pov file to
a pcm, I got a pcm1, which worked!
Problem solved. :^}>
Steve Shelby