POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : goraud shading Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  goraud shading (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Chris Cera
Subject: goraud shading
Date: 19 Jan 2004 14:51:31
Message: <slrnc0oda7.n19.cera@queen.mcs.drexel.edu>
Is there a way to configure povray to do goraud shading?

smooth_triangle for mesh{} and setting normals for mesh2{} seem
to do phong shading.  For this particular picture, I'd rather
interpolate colors.  Is there an easy way to do this?

Thank you for any/all comments on this matter.

--
cer### [at] csdrexeledu                 http://www.cs.drexel.edu/~cera

Post a reply to this message

> Is there a way to configure povray to do goraud shading?
>
> smooth_triangle for mesh{} and setting normals for mesh2{} seem
> to do phong shading.  For this particular picture, I'd rather
> interpolate colors.  Is there an easy way to do this?

goraud shading is a technique specific to scanline renderers and since
POV-Ray is a raytracer...

You might be able to get the result you are after with per vertex
texturing:  http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/192/

Christoph

Last updated 11 Jan. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message