POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media/Photons/Glass Question Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:18:08 EDT (-0400)
  Media/Photons/Glass Question (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Michael Raiford
Subject: Media/Photons/Glass Question
Date: 5 Jan 2004 20:31:54
Message: <3ffa100a@news.povray.org>
I'm having some difficulty with scattering media:

The first problem has to deal with if I have spotlights instead of point
lights, the media turns to random noise.

The second problem is, When I get the scattering media just right, when I
wrap the object in a glass, it seems darker than it was.

The third problem, after compensating for the first problem, When photons
are turned on, it's either too dark or totally washed out and tends to look
a bit splotchy.

My current photons setup is as folows:

            photons
            {
                spacing 0.05
                media 100
            }

Any ideas?

Post a reply to this message

"Michael Raiford" <mra### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> I'm having some difficulty with scattering media:

Join the club ;) - media, particularily when you start mixing it with other
special effects, such as photons, can be tricky to get right.

Could you post a more complete scene? (not necessarily your actual scene - just
a simplified version but showing the problem).

Post a reply to this message