POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : map an image on a part of sphere Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  map an image on a part of sphere (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Pascal
Subject: map an image on a part of sphere
Date: 1 Jan 2004 17:02:39
Message: <3ff498ff@news.povray.org>
Happy new year to everybody,

I am trying map an image (in png) onto a portion of sphere (say from (0,0)
to (45,45) )

As far as I can tell, it does not seem to be possible using an image_map (or
I did not find the right modifier to do so ..)
If somebody could point me in the right direction to achieve that, I would
be grateful.

Thanks in advance,

--
Pascal.

Post a reply to this message

> I am trying map an image (in png) onto a portion of sphere (say from (0,0)
> to (45,45) )

Look at the thread "how to do ultra-hi-res image_mapping on a sphere?"
in povray.advanced-users.

HTH
Florian

Post a reply to this message