POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scope of identifiers in nested Macros Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Scope of identifiers in nested Macros (Message 1 to 10 of 20)
From: Florian Brucker
Subject: Scope of identifiers in nested Macros
Date: 1 Jan 2004 15:08:46
Message: <3ff47e4e@news.povray.org>
When rendering the following code:

<POV>
#macro M1(Param)
     #local Param = Param - 1;
     #debug concat("Param = ",str(Param,0,0),"\n")
#end

#macro M2(Param)
     #local a = 0;
     #while (a<10)
          M1(Param)
         #local a = a + 1;
     #end
#end

M2(100)
</POV>

I would expect the line "Param = 99" being printed 10 times. Instead,
the output is

<Output>
Param = 99
Param = 98
Param = 97
Param = 96
Param = 95
Param = 94
Param = 93
Param = 92
Param = 91
Param = 90
</Output>

I think this does not match the behaviour described in the documentation
in section "6.2.2.3 Identifier Name Collisions".

Any Comments?

Happy new year everybody
Florian

Post a reply to this message