POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : HELP !!! "Camera vectors are not perpendicular" Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:16:04 EDT (-0400)
  HELP !!! "Camera vectors are not perpendicular" (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: MrJuB
Subject: HELP !!! "Camera vectors are not perpendicular"
Date: 25 Dec 2003 20:50:01
Message: <web.3feb9386fc757a645674f9150@news.povray.org>
What exactly does it mean??
It seems to happen when using the orthographic. Adjusting the angle helps
fixing it somehow. To my understanding changing angle doesn't change the
vector direction but the vector size. What am I understanding wrong..??
When it says camera vectors, does it mean direction, up, and right??

camera {    // This one posts a warning
  orthographic
  angle 40
  location < -1500,1000,-1600>
  look_at <-100,-200,500>
}

camera {    // This one doesn't
  orthographic
  angle 35
  location < -1500,1000,-1600>
  look_at <-100,-200,500>
}

Thanx
J.

Post a reply to this message

Sometimes, without "angle" it doesn't warn.. Sometimes, it does, then you
add "angle" and it's OK..
Or sometimes, you have "angle" it's not OK.. and you get rid of "angle" it's
OK again.. reading help within the program doesn't help at all for me.. I'm
still quite blank on "up" and "right"..

"MrJuB" <sas### [at] mtuthaicoth> wrote in message
> What exactly does it mean??
> It seems to happen when using the orthographic. Adjusting the angle helps
> fixing it somehow. To my understanding changing angle doesn't change the
> vector direction but the vector size. What am I understanding wrong..??
> When it says camera vectors, does it mean direction, up, and right??
>
> camera {    // This one posts a warning
>   orthographic
>   angle 40
>   location < -1500,1000,-1600>