POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Projector whit Avi Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Projector whit Avi (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: PR
Subject: Projector whit Avi
Date: 30 Oct 2003 02:31:02
Message: <3fa0be36@news.povray.org>
Can i make light spot projector using map .avi file ( or image .png like
diapo) like in 3DS MAX using POVRAY.

Tank's

Paolo Rudelli
http://paolo.rudelli.lickthetoad.org

Post a reply to this message

From: Hughes, B
Subject: Re: Projector whit Avi
Date: 30 Oct 2003 03:41:05
Message: <3fa0cea1$1@news.povray.org>
"PR" <a> wrote in message news:3fa0be36@news.povray.org...
> Can i make light spot projector using map .avi file ( or image .png like
> diapo) like in 3DS MAX using POVRAY.

Not directly from AVI. Indirectly, yes, if you extract frames. Or yes, if
you use a compatible image file type like PNG. Again, no, not from .avi
unless you extract the frames first.

If you want to create a movie within a movie (POV-Ray animation) effect then
that is possible if you have the individual frames (image files) to input as
a pigment image_map.

You can project the images onto a surface by using filtered transparency in
the image *film*, like when a light shines through a real movie projector
past film and onto screen.

I have a basic (and outdated) example pov and include files of movie within
movie in my "Links" at the website below (please click the [eyes] graphic to
get there).

If you need to know more about something else concerning this just post a
message reply. Especially if you are trying to do more than what I
described.
--
Bob H.
http://www.3digitaleyes.com

Post a reply to this message

i tray to do image weare i project light (like vido projector) into a mirror
refleting into a wall.the same image.

I use pov-ray few year a go and now a need again for this project because is
support caustic light (light reflection into a mirror)

if you have some sugestion ...

> "PR" <a> wrote in message news:3fa0be36@news.povray.org...
> > Can i make light spot projector using map .avi file ( or image .png like
> > diapo) like in 3DS MAX using POVRAY.
>

> Not directly from AVI. Indirectly, yes, if you extract frames. Or yes, if
> you use a compatible image file type like PNG. Again, no, not from .avi
> unless you extract the frames first.
>
> If you want to create a movie within a movie (POV-Ray animation) effect
then
> that is possible if you have the individual frames (image files) to input
as
> a pigment image_map.
>
> You can project the images onto a surface by using filtered transparency
in
> the image *film*, like when a light shines through a real movie projector
> past film and onto screen.
>
> I have a basic (and outdated) example pov and include files of movie
within
> movie in my "Links" at the website below (please click the [eyes] graphic
> get there).
>
> If you need to know more about something else concerning this just post a
> message reply. Especially if you are trying to do more than what I
> described.
> --
> Bob H.
> http://www.3digitaleyes.com