POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Projector whit Avi : Re: Projector whit Avi and mirror Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:14:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Projector whit Avi and mirror
From: Hughes, B
Date: 1 Nov 2003 00:06:10
Message: <3fa33f42@news.povray.org>
"PR" <a> wrote in message news:3fa20cca@news.povray.org...
> Thank for info
>
> i tray to do image weare i project light (like vido projector) into a
mirror
> refleting into a wall.the same image.
>
> I use pov-ray few year a go and now a need again for this project because
is
> support caustic light (light reflection into a mirror)

Okay, what you want to do is use 'photons' for that. Then the light can
reflect off of surfaces such as a mirror. Maybe you already knew that, not
easy to read minds here.

Might be a problem with this, since photons only approximate the behavior of
refracted and reflected light rays. I'll see if I can show an example soon,
just in case you weren't having any success or had not tried that yet.

For the image-within-image effect, the inxframe.zip at my website's links
webpage should work for that, since the example animated gif there does
exactly that. If I remember right (was years ago I did that) you must render
the whole scene as animation first, then reuse the image frames as the
image_map while rendering the animation again.

Bob H.