POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : scene file wanted Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:16:12 EDT (-0400)
  scene file wanted (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Eric Sorensen
Subject: scene file wanted
Date: 22 Oct 2003 11:53:43
Message: <3f96a807$1@news.povray.org>
We just moved into a new office building WITHOUT windows.  I would like
to render a scene of a outdoor landscape as seen through a window.  I
have a large color plotter to output to.  Anyone like to offer up their
nice work?

Post a reply to this message

Outdoor landscapes if something Christoph Hormann has done very well in the
past, you might want to contact him and see his website:

<http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~y0013390/index.html>

I'd rather say: "Here, take mine!", but I haven't done any spectacular
Landscape aside of "Iced Land"...

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>

> We just moved into a new office building WITHOUT windows.  I would like
> to render a scene of a outdoor landscape as seen through a window.  I
> have a large color plotter to output to.  Anyone like to offer up their
> nice work?

---

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:53:44 -0600, Eric Sorensen <eso### [at] lanlgov> wrote:
> We just moved into a new office building WITHOUT windows.

There is POV-Ray for Linux which operate on console ;-)

> I would like
> to render a scene of a outdoor landscape as seen through a window.  I
> have a large color plotter to output to.

Old style plotter or color printer ?

> Anyone like to offer up their nice work?

Look at http://www.irtc.org/stills/2002-10-31.html

ABX

Post a reply to this message

Eric Sorensen <eso### [at] lanlgov> wrote in news:3f96a807$1
@news.povray.org:

> We just moved into a new office building WITHOUT windows.  I would like
> to render a scene of a outdoor landscape as seen through a window.  I
> have a large color plotter to output to.  Anyone like to offer up their
> nice work?

Might be best to use something like the "super easy to make nice scenery
Terragen" for the landscape and overlay a Povray rendered window on top of
that.

Post a reply to this message

wrote:

>We just moved into a new office building WITHOUT windows.  I would like
>to render a scene of a outdoor landscape as seen through a window.  I
>have a large color plotter to output to.  Anyone like to offer up their
>nice work?

Dunno if he'll give you the source but there are some wonderful
POV-Ray landscapes at this site:

 http://wayga.net/~dcorley/

Post a reply to this message

wrote:

>We just moved into a new office building WITHOUT windows.  I would like
>to render a scene of a outdoor landscape as seen through a window.  I
>have a large color plotter to output to.  Anyone like to offer up their
>nice work?

My personal favorite is Christoph Gerber's "Evening at the River". (
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/28699/ ). Something
about it just spells "serendipity".

"After Rain", which won the Landscapes IRTC round, is also very good,
as were the runner-ups (one of them is on my wall, a high-quality copy
that the author gave me :) )

As of windows, Gilles Tran is pretty good at it. Especially if you're
into Venetian stuff :))

<runs for cover>

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg