POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : selecting several thousand lines in pov file Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:13:21 EDT (-0400)
  selecting several thousand lines in pov file (Message 31 to 35 of 35)
From: Marc Champagne
Subject: Re: selecting several thousand lines in pov file
Date: 18 Sep 2003 19:18:35
Message: <Xns93FAC3FF2A74APOVMIKA@204.213.191.226>
Remco de Korte <rem### [at] onwijscom> wrote in

> This will probably not answer the question OR have been
> mentioned several times before but having read this thread
> today I realized I have to do this quite often. I never
> thought about it until today. Here's what I do: move the
> cursor to the start of the selection. Hold Shift down and
> move the cursor down. This can be done by simply scrolling
> with the down key, scrolling faster with the PgDn key or
> jumping to the end of the file with Ctrl-PgDn. When you're
> at the end of the selection release the Shift and presto. I
> guess the relevant point here is that you don't use the
> mouse (prevents RSI too).
>
> Perhaps we need a tutorial on scrolling or should this just
> be part of the POVRay documentation?

Remco,

This reply is not targeted at you but to the entire thread.

What you describe is part of the most mudane functionalities
of windows and whatever happens to run on it (so long as the
authors of said 3rd party software(s) respect the common
windows' way of doing things for basic editing methodes).

I do think the docs should mention that is uses basic
windows' editing methodes along with anything else it can do
that is not common to windows. These basic functionalities
should be second-nature to most, unless they are also new to
windows.

This could also apply to any other operating system you may
be using.

I do believe this entire thread should have been in
povray.newusers to begin with.

My 2 scales :)

--
Marc Champagne
marcch.AT.videotron.DOT.ca

Post a reply to this message

> This reply is not targeted at you but to the entire thread.

I don't mind, I was just having fun...
I completely agree with what you're saying but somehow this thread had a
sort of bizarre appeal.

Cheers!

Remco

Post a reply to this message