POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV and hyperthreading Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:15:16 EDT (-0400)
  POV and hyperthreading (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Anto Matkovic
Subject: Re: POV and hyperthreading
Date: 30 Aug 2003 23:47:24
Message: <3f516fcc@news.povray.org>
Hi Theo,
sorry for delay. I decided to spent my vacation on the sea instead rendering
the IRTC entry :).

> In one sentece: Scenes which need only very short rendering (30 Seconds)
may
> not be the best candidates for SMPOV and Hyperthreading.

I can confirm that. Here are numbers  for 'optics.pov' at 1024x768 AA 0.1:
Prozessoren:  2
CPU 1 Speed:  3354 Mhz.
CPU 2 Speed:  3354 Mhz. ( I dont know why, because all other in machine
recognizes original 3006 Mhz)

optics.pov rendered in 1024x768 in 2 Tiles (V) from 08-30-2003 / 22:44:59 to
08-30-2003 / 23:32:53 (2875).

Single instance od POV need 3321 seconds. POV and scene already loaded.

> Your numbers:
> 38 Second - 29 Seconds = 9 Seconds diffrence. How long does it take for
your
> POV-Ray to load?
about few seconds...

> Did you include the "loading time" while measuring the 29 Seconds?
No.

> Maybe in that case POV-Ray was already loaded and shurely even the file.
Yes.

Anto

Post a reply to this message