POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV and hyperthreading : Re: POV and hyperthreading Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV and hyperthreading
From: Theo Gottwald *
Date: 1 Sep 2003 06:09:34
Message: <3f531ade$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Anto,

I hope your holiday was ok!

Your numbers show that under equal circumstances:

> optics.pov rendered in 1024x768 in 2 Tiles (V) from 08-30-2003 / 22:44:59
> 08-30-2003 / 23:32:53 (2875).
>
> Single instance od POV need 3321 seconds. POV and scene already loaded.

You get a small timewin of around 24% including the loading times etc..
Thats what you can get using hyperthreading.
As we know now, its not so intresting for pictures which render only few
seconds.

--Theo
Distributed Network-Rendering or Local SMP-Rendering. With SMPOV and
POV-Ray 3.5. * Download free at: http://www.it-berater.org/smpov.htm