POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isosurfaces functions by Tsutomu Higo Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurfaces functions by Tsutomu Higo (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Subject: Re: Isosurfaces functions by Tsutomu Higo
Date: 7 Aug 2003 20:25:28
Message: <3f32edf8@news.povray.org>
Yes, that is pretty cool!

A few months ago, in order to make the hair even more realistic, I tried
using a semi-transparent reddish (redhead) pigment, and then merging the
segments (instead of a union).  The results were extremely impressive, but
if I recall correctly, it took about 2 days to render.

For certain close-ups of Poser models, I've thought it might nifty to add
some of this type of hair in with the Poser hair, but I've never tried it
myself.  Properly placed, that effect might make poser hair become more
realistic, since most people don't have perfect hair.  With
semi-transparency (glassy hair), it should even look good with
back-lighting.

--
Jeremy