POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Installing 3.1 and 3.5 on the same machine Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:09:59 EDT (-0400)
  Installing 3.1 and 3.5 on the same machine (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Steely
Subject: Installing 3.1 and 3.5 on the same machine
Date: 14 Jul 2003 13:10:02
Message: <web.3f12e3294b8788322c6cac2e0@news.povray.org>
Hello, folks,

I would like to know this: is it possible in general to install POV-Ray 3.1
and 3.5 on the same Windows-98-machine without de-stabilizing the system
and / or one of the POV-Ray versions?

Why should I do that? There are some additional programs like texture
viewers and such things out there and some of them are written for 3.1 and

after mailing the developers and getting the answer that they do not work
under 3.5 but for sure they work well under 3.1 I have to believe them.

I have just re-installed my Windows about a week ago, tooks more than a day
:-(, and are not willing at this moment to harm the system in any way ;-)

opposite.

Thanks for your help

Rm

Post a reply to this message