POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Why not create an official 3.6 build with all of the HDRI changes Server Time
4 Aug 2024 14:28:32 EDT (-0400)
  Why not create an official 3.6 build with all of the HDRI changes (Message 8 to 17 of 27)
<<< Previous 7 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Tom Galvin
Subject: Re: Why not create an official 3.6 build with all of the HDRI changes
Date: 11 Jun 2003 15:05:18
Message: <Xns9397996AB6B5Atomatimporg@204.213.191.226>
"Rick [Kitty5]" <spa### [at] kitty5com> wrote in

> So why not roll up a couple of the patches in while your at it , if
> for no other reason than to keep the official release relevant.

I am guessing because:

  1) It would no longer be a bugfix release

  2) They would need to support patches they did not write or
     rewrite them.

  3) It would need a beta period.

  4) It would just further delay 4.0

  5) The patches are already available elsewhere

  6) They don't want to ;)

Post a reply to this message