POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Why not create an official 3.6 build with all of the HDRI changes : Re: Why not create an official 3.6 build with all of the HDRI changes Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why not create an official 3.6 build with all of the HDRI changes
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 11 Jun 2003 15:43:49
Message: <3ee78675@news.povray.org>
In article <3ee7763b$1@news.povray.org> , "Rick [Kitty5]"
<spa### [at] kitty5com> wrote:

> So why not roll up a couple of the patches in while your at it , if for no

The POV-Team is not Micro$oft and does not combine a ton of half-finished
code into something then called a "release" instead of properly calling it
an alpha test version.

> other reason than to keep the official release relevant.

I think you seriously lost track of reality by only reading these newsgroups
frequented by several very advanced users.  While there are a few dozen
users who play with some of the features a few unofficial versions provide,
there are tens of thousands of users who use the official version of POV-Ray
for their work because it provides a stable and reliable environment with
finished features that have been well-tested.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde