POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray is just darn cool Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  povray is just darn cool (Message 1 to 10 of 22)
From: Ross Litscher
Subject: povray is just darn cool
Date: 20 May 2003 15:47:32
Message: <3eca8654$1@news.povray.org>
I just felt like saying thanks to the development team. after years of
playing with pov, i'm still in love with it. you guys rock for keeping it
free and up to date.

keep up the good work,
ross.

Post a reply to this message

From: Xilo Musimene
Subject: Re: povray is just darn cool
Date: 20 May 2003 16:51:35
Message: <3ECA9559.1070108@hotpop.com>
Ross Litscher wrote:
> I just felt like saying thanks to the development team. after years of
> playing with pov, i'm still in love with it. you guys rock for keeping it
> free and up to date.

Indeed!

  I often see artwork done with other renderer, most of the time cracked
version because they cost too much (for example 3DS) and still, I feel
povray's artwork is nicier(?)...

So long and thanks for all the fish!
   Xilo

--
Dedicated to audio/visual and interactive artwork.
http://www.geocities.com/simonlemieux/

Post a reply to this message

> > I just felt like saying thanks to the development team. after years
of
> > playing with pov, i'm still in love with it. you guys rock for
keeping it
> > free and up to date.
Me too, awesome work!

>   I often see artwork done with other renderer, most of the time
cracked
> version because they cost too much (for example 3DS) and still, I feel
> povray's artwork is nicier(?)...
I've had multiple discussions with a Maya user, and I think we'll never
agree. =) But at least I feel better because I don't have to crack my
software.
I'm having a hard time trying to explain why POV-Ray rocks so much, I
guess it's love *sigh* like Ross said ;)

> So long and thanks for all the fish!
Here I am, brain the size of a planet..
Life, don't talk to me about life..

-Peter

Post a reply to this message

From: Sun Tzu
Date: 21 May 2003 20:39:04
Message: <3ecc1c28@news.povray.org>
Indeed.  Thank you very much POV development team!

"Ross Litscher" <lit### [at] osuedu> wrote in message
> I just felt like saying thanks to the development team. after years of
> playing with pov, i'm still in love with it. you guys rock for keeping it
> free and up to date.
>
> keep up the good work,
> ross.

Post a reply to this message

From: Xilo Musimene
Date: 21 May 2003 20:41:31
Message: <3ECC1CBB.3050907@hotpop.com>
> I've had multiple discussions with a Maya user, and I think we'll never
> agree. =) But at least I feel better because I don't have to crack my
> software.

Exactly! =)

> I'm having a hard time trying to explain why POV-Ray rocks so much, I
> guess it's love *sigh* like Ross said ;)

Very possible!...

>>So long and thanks for all the fish!
>
> Here I am, brain the size of a planet..
> Life, don't talk to me about life..

Wow...  I'm speechless!...

Xilo

From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 21 May 2003 23:05:18
Message: <3ecc3e6e$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the "thanks."  :-)  Such comments make this more enjoyable.

-Nathan

"Ross Litscher" <lit### [at] osuedu> wrote...
> I just felt like saying thanks to the development team. after years of
> playing with pov, i'm still in love with it. you guys rock for keeping it
> free and up to date.
>
> keep up the good work,
> ross.

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Date: 21 May 2003 23:29:42
Message: <3ECC444D.84B8C7FB@pacbell.net>
Ross Litscher wrote:

> I just felt like saying thanks to the development team. after years of
> playing with pov, i'm still in love with it. you guys rock for keeping it
> free and up to date.

I've been using the program for about 7 years now and my association with
members of the POV-Team dates back about 5 of those years. I have never once
regretted the time I have spent in that association and in helping with the
promotion of their product. That it has managed to remain free and in active
development for so long is a major accomplishment and the adulation you give
to the POV-Team as a collective is well deserved.

POV-Ray - Live long and prosper.

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

From: JC (Exether)
Date: 22 May 2003 04:18:12
Message: <3ECC888B.10403@spam.fr>
Thanks indeed, for this great tool !!

Ross Litscher wrote:
> I just felt like saying thanks to the development team. after years of
> playing with pov, i'm still in love with it. you guys rock for keeping it
> free and up to date.
>
> keep up the good work,
> ross.

Post a reply to this message

From: Tom Galvin
Date: 22 May 2003 14:38:39
Message: <Xns938394E74774Btomatimporg@204.213.191.226>
"Nathan Kopp" <pov### [at] nkoppmailshellcom> wrote in

> Thanks for the "thanks."  :-)  Such comments make this more enjoyable.
>
> -Nathan

Let me add another "Thank You!" to the whole team.  POV-Ray is truly
amazing in every way.

Post a reply to this message

From: Leroy Whetstone
Date: 23 May 2003 02:25:03
Message: <3ECDDA83.1E3AB865@joplin.com>
I also would like to thank the POV-ray Team for a Great program.

Before I found POV (DOS version 3.1) I only worked with 256 colors at most. I
had a old 386 133Hz computer. POV was my introduction to true color. I got most
of my other graphic programs to support POV. I even upgrade my computer several
times to support it. You can never have a fast enough render.

I guess what I'm trying to say is with out POV I don't know what I'd be doing
now.

Thanks again!
--
Have Fun!