POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Amapi is free Server Time
4 Aug 2024 22:11:50 EDT (-0400)
  Amapi is free (Message 26 to 35 of 55)
From: Simon Adameit
Subject: Re: Amapi is free
Date: 18 Apr 2003 17:44:57
Message: <3ea071d9$1@news.povray.org>
Yes, SDL is limited as there are many things (mostly women and cars)
which are really difficult to describe in it and you cant get imidiate
visual feedback but modelers are as limited as there are also many
things (the grass and the trees) which are best described algorithmically.

I think the best you can do is to combine the two approaches, you
wouldn't want to model a forest but deciding what it will look like by
painting some maps to controll some paramenters adding some noise and
then have a cool forest which although its random is inside the
parameters you wanted it to be is really powerfull.

Post a reply to this message