POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Somebody kills me please... (PC died today) Server Time
4 Aug 2024 22:16:14 EDT (-0400)
  Somebody kills me please... (PC died today) (Message 11 to 16 of 16)
From: Tim Nikias
Subject: Re: Somebody kills me please... (PC died today)
Date: 1 Mar 2003 21:02:55
Message: <3e61664f@news.povray.org>
I did backup that partition, just not the
entire HD. I've done that several times,
it always worked out, Win98 is very nice
when it comes to format c: and reinstall.

Anyways, Win2000 doesn't work on this
system. The Motherboard etc are probably
somewhat too old, there may be some
specific stuff it doesn't recognize, like my
Ultra-100-Promise IDE-Controllers, cause
I had to plug my HD into a different slot for
Win2000 to find the HD...

Ah well.

"Christopher James Huff" surprises with a piece of wisdom:

> A little tip: you're supposed to backup *before* major changes, not
> after.

Post a reply to this message