POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Somebody kills me please... (PC died today) : Re: Somebody kills me please... (PC died today) Server Time
5 Aug 2024 00:21:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Somebody kills me please... (PC died today)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 2 Mar 2003 17:49:51
Message: <3e628a8f@news.povray.org>
Hm, I remembered to have sent you a version
once for checking the system, a few weeks before
you started you're beta of your system.

But if it's not there, don't bother. A friend of mine
has a version of 2001 somewhere, but its not about
redoing the changes and updates, its about some
of the more interesting algorithms I've implemented
there.
I'll probably do a completely new system (maybe
even with I/O), when I really want a particle system
again.

For myself, I've set to check the four recovered
include files for "clean coding", then write another one
(the one I mentioned some time ago about tracking
detail-levels of meshes, sort of a LOD-Implementation
for my Mesh-Modifying-Macros), and begin with
a very nice and complex "reflective Sphere on
Checkered Plane".

I've even thought about using a new Artist's Name:
"Tim Nikias 2.0"

:-D

"Rune" felt sympathy:

> Ow, my worst nightmare... I feel with you.

...but had to "stab" me too ;-)