POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Light inside diff, atmospheric scatter, no scatter? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:07:43 EDT (-0400)
  Light inside diff, atmospheric scatter, no scatter? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Yann Ramin
Subject: Light inside diff, atmospheric scatter, no scatter?
Date: 23 Feb 2003 05:03:19
Message: <3e589c67@news.povray.org>
I placed a light inside a subtracted series of spheres (the sphere no longer
has an inside, and has slits cut in it - light can exit the sphere). I'm
expecting there to be scattered light when leaving the sphere, yet I am
seeing none. No media seems to work while the light is inside the sphere.
Media will work once the light leaves the sphere. Is there any way around
this problem?

(please also reply to e-mail, thank you)

Yann

#declare SphereCutout = difference {
        sphere { <0,0,0>,1 }
        box { <-.1,-2,-2>,